This year’s event will be on Sunday, September 22, from 1:00 p.m. -5:00 p.m. in downtown Rockaway Borough. Set-up will start at 12pm and there will be RBBOA members to meet you and help you to your space assignment.
The event cost for participating vendors is $100.00 per 12x12 space and space is $20 for RBBOA members and $25 for non-profit and civic groups. Tables, tents and other supplies need to be brought by each vendor-there will not be any tables available the day of the event. Last year we had over 70 vendors and we expect this year to be bigger and better. Please be advised that spaces are on a first come first serve basis and your reservation is not considered finalized until you receive confirmation from us.
All businesses, vendors, civic groups and RBBOA members will need to register to reserve a space.
For insurance purposes, any businesses that plan on participating in the day’s festivities in front of their downtown business MUST register for a space!
We reserve the right to deny any application that does not conform to the following guidelines:
· Each vendor and business must register and list what they are offering
YOU MUST INCLUDE ANY SPECIAL EVENTS I.E. FACEPAINTING, CRAFTS, OR ANY OTHER “EVENT” TYPE OF PROMOTIONS
Please note: Giving as much detail about your booth and any plans for the day assists us when placing vendors. If we know you plan to have a face painter-we will be able to not put you next to another vendor who also has a face painter. Please provide us with as much detail as possible and feel free to call with any questions!
· Food vendors must be a licensed business operating within Rockaway Borough or Rockaway Township
· Vendors and Crafters must live or own a business in Rockaway Borough or Rockaway Township
Once your application has been accepted and your spot assigned you will receive confirmation from us. We will accept vendors on a waiting list due to over-booking and should this occur you will be notified. Please be advised that no refund will be made for any reason. The event is being held rain or shine!
Each vendor is responsible for the following:
·Tables, tents, umbrellas etc. must be set up with the booth ready for customers no later than 1pm
· Break down must not begin before 5pm-Vendors agree to stay for the FULL duration of the event to insure a successful day for all!
· A method to protect foods with appropriate heat/cold
· A fire extinguisher for food or at-risk vendors
· Garbage cans for your trash-you are responsible for leaving your space as you found it
· No sale or distribution of alcoholic beverages is permitted
· Use of latex gloves at all times while handling food
· Vendors are responsible for their own sales tax etc
By completing your application you have agreed to the requirements stated.
Completed contracts along with payments must be received no later than August 15th to be included in any promotional and printed materials. For your convenience we have included an application or you can complete the contract via our website at www.rockawayborough.biz Once you have completed your application online print a copy and mail along with your check to the address below. We will be sending you final information as to set-up, break-down and location prior to the event.
Checks should be made payable to the Rockaway Borough Business Owners Association
Checks and Applications Should be Mailed to:
Celebrate Rockaway Day
PO Box 518
Rockaway, NJ 07866
We will be advertising the event with a banner located in downtown Rockaway, online and print advertising.